Monday, June 9, 2014

Doing Training Routines at Narconon Gave Me Better Understanding

Doing Training Routines at Narconon Gave Me Better Understanding
One of the first parts of the Narconon Arrowhead drug rehab program is the Training Routines Course. This course has a series of drills that help former drug users with communication, to raise their confront and teach them to use good control. This is what one Narconon Arrowhead patient had to say about his experience on the course:


When I started confronting my addictions I wasn’t focused. After about ten minutes after I started my mind was racing with thoughts. Mostly thought of having fun and getting drug and feeling good. A few minutes later I started to get edgy and felt a little nauseous. Then memories of being sick and of how Shitty I would feel after a binge came to thought. The longer I went on with confronting I began to really hate the bottle and I wanted to smash it. Then I just felt weird, not a bad weird but a feeling of tranquility. I know that sounds cheesy but my mind was just clear and my thought went blank. I felt normal and good.

A Better Understanding Through Narconon Arrowhead Treatment

Doing confronts has given me a better understanding of the complexities of my addiction. Being free to face with the suppressive environments and people in my life. Though I have disconnected from the suppressive people long ago, being an alcoholic I will always be near and around suppressive environments. Going through the confront process has increased my ability to handle suppression. I wasn’t confronting my issues and had become complacent in my ways. I was blind to the fact I wasn’t facing my problems and didn’t truly understand how badly they had become. With a greater knowledge of confronting and communicating I can use the technology to handle my alcoholism by facing it head on and not let it control or define who I am.


Scott G. – Narconon Arrowhead Patient

No comments:

Post a Comment